Evening Meal at Sheriff Lodge
Sheriff Lodge will now be offering a homemade two course set menu by prior arrangement. This will be provided at £20 per head reflecting the provenance of as much local produce and high quality produce as possible.
There will be a set Dish of the Day or Veggie Version and Dessert served at 6.30pm, this will be on a pre booked basis only, this of course allows for the freshness of the produce and ensure that your meal has been planned. If you have any particular likes, dislikes or allergies please make them known as choices may be limited. If you would like to book for the evening you arrive please call and ask for the daily menu.
In addition, a few other steps we are planning on implementing, to give our guests and friends further reassurance, are:
- Please can you let us know what time you would like to check-in , in order to ensure we maintain our social distancing and 2m requirements in our reception area – weather permitting we will come and chat with you in the car park and leave you some information in your room – otherwise, I’ll chat with you in our dining room where we can all be 2m apart and you can relax after your journey here
- Our rooms will be deep cleaned and disinfected after each stay. And for the short term, soft furnishings will be rotated after each stay. Hand sanitiser is available in each room during your stay
- The dining room and other public areas will continue to be cleaned to the highest standard and hand sanitiser is available in the hall.
- The dining room will be set-up to allow maximum social distancing between guests
- We will continue to stagger our breakfast times to allow guests to enjoy their breakfasts and to enable more social distancing. You can book your breakfast time before you arrive if you wish, just give us a call
- Payment will be done online on departure, and I can send you a receipt online if you need one.
- When you check-in, we will confirm with you that neither you nor other guests have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases and therefore should be self-isolating at home. And when our guests check-out, we will ask them to call us to let us know if they develop symptoms within 14 days of leaving Sheriff Lodge. If you are waiting for your result of your COVID-19 test I would ask that you cancel your stay, wait at home and reschedule your visit for another time
- Normally we would refresh your room each day. In the short-term, we will be asking our guests to do a couple of things before they leave for their day. Please can you open your windows to refresh the room whilst you go out and leave any dirty cups and glasses outside your door, along with your bins from your room and your bathroom. When you come back, there will be fresh cups, glasses, and emptied bins. If you wish to have your room hoovered then let us know at breakfast.
- When you leave, it would be great if you could pop your bedlinen and towels into a bag for us and leave it in your room, leave your windows open and leave your key in the bedroom door
- Our laundry is provided externally and our supplier cleans to NHS standard
- And finally, we have set up an action plan and log-book in case we are required to report any COVID-19 cases to Public Health England and Derbyshire Dales Council and contribute to any contact-tracing requests. The House will then have a further deep clean.
Hopefully all of this will give you peace of mind and will reassure you that we’re doing everything we can at Sheriff Lodge to ensure you can relax and enjoy your stay, alongside these new requirements.
Annual Holiday insurance
I would also suggest you consider annual holiday insurance for your UK-based holidays, just in case you do need to cancel your stay with us, during our 14-day cancellation period.
Your support for the UK tourism industry is really appreciated and ‘thank you’ again to those of you who have contacted us to wish us well. Whilst we are a small business, like most other small businesses, we source as much as we can from local suppliers and businesses. Our guests have a choice of pubs in the town, all within walking distance. Our guests shop for holiday treats and souvenirs in the surrounding villages and towns – as well as treating themselves in local cafes and restaurants, as well as the larger attractions of course. And we have a wonderful team of local craftsmen who we have been working with over the last 18 months refurbishing and maintaining the house and garden. All of these are either small businesses or self-employed folk who rely on your support when you come to stay in the Peaks.
Booking in advance
If you wish to make a booking for later in the year, or for 2021, then do just give us a call direct, as it’s probably easier to work out which room will suit you best. In addition, if you wish to book several rooms for you and your family to have exclusive access to the house, then please do call direct. This will ensure we can reserve the most suitable dates and best room options for you. Group bookings of three rooms or more will mean that I will shut any remaining rooms and you and your party will be the sole guests staying.
Every best wish
Ziz (and Red)
Find Out More
Every year the room prices are checked with others in our local area and other bed and breakfasts at a similar standard to Sheriff Lodge. The prices are pitched at a level that is reasonable, reflects the property and the quality of your stay here.
Sheriff Lodge itself is one big Special Offer, but to further enhance your stay with us, we have arranged a special package with one of our favourite restaurants, together with discounts from Maazi, reduced entry to Chatsworth House and half price green fees at Matlock Golf Club.
The breakfast here at Sheriff Lodge is something to be reckoned with and will set you up for a day of fresh air and activity. Now a restaurant style menu, order exactly what you’d like – from a slice of homemade bread to a full Derbyshire breakfast, which includes local free-range eggs, locally sourced sausages and bacon, locally made Derbyshire oatcakes and fresh, homemade bread, as well as homemade marmalade and jams. Providence is important here at Sheriff Lodge.
Afternoon Teas are available at Sheriff Lodge, if you are celebrating something special or just feel like a bit of indulgence then make sure you order your Afternoon Tea. 24 hours notice is required. Serving from 3.30pm to 6.00pm – you choose the time. See example of menus and everything is homemade and divine!